Wednesday, November 7, 2012

An American Classic

I love to bake and cook.  It just follows the same joy of having a finished item that I made with my own hands that I get with knitting.  The kids are old enough now that they're "helping," instead of just being in the way, so I get to spend more time in the kitchen.

I've often thought of making a cookbook for our family.  I have my favorite recipes in 15 different books or 20 different websites, and it would be really nice to have it all in one place.  Also, I dream of passing copies of the cookbook on to Benjamin and Miriam to use in their own kitchens some day.


Today, we made an apple pie.  Want to know the secret of a fantastic homemade apple pie?


It's all about keeping the kids from eating the apples.


The kids used a small cookie cutter to help cut out vents.  They're butterflies.


Isn't it gorgeous?!

(Recipe from my vintage 1973 Good Housekeeping Cookbook - It's the best edition, in my opinion!)

No comments:

Post a Comment