Tuesday, October 16, 2012

Benjamin's new hat

Benjamin is such a gracious recipient of my knitting.  So when I finished Miriam's hat, and he asked me to knit one for him, I couldn't really say no.  The only problem was that I hadn't planned on making a new hat for him, so I wasn't very inspired with the patterns I was finding.

So I opened up my boxes of yarn for him to search through.  As long as it was blue, he was okay with the choices.  In fact, he did express this blue tweed yarn to be his favorite option, and it just happened to be a yarn that I made a hat out of 2 years ago.


Then I found 4 patterns for him to choose from, and he, of course, chose the exact hat I made from the same yarn.  Unfortunately, that hat is now too small for him, so I did need to reknit the hat.


I'm sure he doesn't remember that he had an identical hat, but I know he currently loves his new hat!




No comments:

Post a Comment